Sunday, September 19, 2010

fuzzy shapes!

First ever oil painting omg! I did follow the contours of my (other) odd desert plant sucessfully. But the mixing/colors thing didn't turn out so well. It was interesting using a medium I had exceptionally little idea of how to use. Oil paint is not like gouache..

2nd ever oil painting! It was in class, we spent a couple hours painting along the Sammamish River. Sun shining, birds chirping, neat structures to paint. More art classes should be like this! I stationed myself next to a classmate (Neil Berard) who can actually paint and found his advice (and the ability to see what he was doing) to be super helpful! I mean, it almost looks like stuff!

If I keep this up I might be not painful by mid-terms!

(sorry for photo fail!)

No comments:

Post a Comment